Even as the IT landscape becomes increasingly decentralized and complex, it’s important to understand that many security breaches are preventable. While individual security challenges and goals may differ from company to company, often organizations make the same widespread mistakes as they begin to tackle data security. What’s more, many enterprise leaders often accept these errors as normal business practice.
There are several internal and external factors that can lead to successful
- Erosion of network perimeters
- Increased attack surfaces offered by more complex IT
- Growing demands that cloud services place on security practices
- Increasingly sophisticated nature of cyber crimes
- Persistent cybersecurity skills shortage
- Lack of employee awareness surrounding data security risks