“For some organizations, near-term survival is the only agenda item. Others are peering through the fog of uncertainty, thinking about how to position themselves once the crisis has passed and things return to normal. The question is, ‘What will normal look like?’ While no one can say how long the crisis will last, what we find on the other side will not look like the normal of recent years.”
McKinsey & Co.
The pandemic crisis has unquestionably disrupted global markets, businesses, and every aspect of our lives. During these unprecedented times, forward-thinking CEOs and leaders are not only shifting strategies to sustain their organizations but also leveraging their insight and foresight to reinvent them.
- What are some of the immediate challenges you’re facing? How are you addressing those challenges?
- How are you addressing broader resiliency issues?
- What insight and foresight are you gaining from this crisis? How are you leveraging that insight and foresight?
- How is your business balancing short-term responsiveness and long-term strategy, especially as the situation evolves?
- What other shifts do you believe we’ll see in business and the broader world as a result of the pandemic?
- Even before the crisis, Peter Hinssen after observing how technology is constantly accelerating the pace of change, said, “Maybe this is truly the end of the ‘new normal’ but this is the beginning of the ‘never normal’.” Has the crisis simply solidified the notion of the “never normal” — what are your thoughts?